KIC InnoEnergy Berlin - Digitalisation of the energy industry – will blockchains be the booster?
KIC InnoEnergy invited for his opening of its new interactive co-working space in Berlin on 5. October around 100 persons from Start-ups, Education, industry and energy sector.
Kirsten Hasberg, Blockchain Hub Berlin, Karl-Heinz Remmers, Forum Solarpraxis and Kenneth Johansson, KIC InnoEnergy discussed with Jan Michael Hess, founder ecosummit, about
“Digitalisation of the energy industry – will blockchains be the booster?”
The main key outcomes from the very intensive discussion about the influence of blockchain in the energy sector are.
1. Karl-Heinz Remmers explain that Blockchain is already reality by Grünstrom Jetons.
2. Kirsten Hasberg asked whether blockain is already in the energy sector reality, if the toaster is requesting PV-energy from the roof of the neighboor on demand.
3. Blockchain can enable Prosumer and should be used if the use of the market is too costly.
4. DOA (Decentralized autonomous organization) is everywhere and nowhere the same time
5. RWE innogy introduced at the ecosummit this year the first start-up in blockchain in order to increase efficiency
Summarizing all panelist are agreeing in common that it will be extreamly difficult to create a business model for start-ups on blockchain in order to earn money.
see official page of KIC InnoEnergy more details and pictures of the evening